Instagram

Friday, June 8, 2012

Pyrmont Bridge Hotel...part 2


Kim says....

PBH Beef burger with the lot $14
Beef patty, lettuce, tomato, sautéed onions, bacon, egg & cheese

 
Well it was just Marina & I today since both Paul & Pete are away on leave (lazy bums). So without one of them to drive us around we chose the Pyrmont Bridge Hotel since it’s within walking distance of the office.

I really liked my burger today; it had nice thick patty, cooked well – so not dry or under cooked and no burnt parts – bacon & egg, sautéed onions on a lightly buttered bun. I think it’s been a while since I’ve enjoyed a burger without having to think about what I’d write about is as I am eating the burger. 

I did struggle a bit to finish my burger today (because it was massive) and I had to leave most of my chips untouched. 

Even now, an hour after my meal I still feel full – not the bad full where you feel disgusted at yourself for having forced yourself to eat so much crap full, but the content kind of full where you know it was a good meal and you'd eat more if you could kind of full, not sure if I’ll be able to have dinner tonight…

Overall I thought it was a great burger. Definitely wouldn’t mind eating here again and it’s a good feed for $14.

My score: 4 out of 5.

Paul recently did an independent review of the hotel’s burger before as well so if you are thinking how come we went back here, it’s because Marina & I have not actually reviewed this place before.

Until next time!
Xoxo
Kimzy


Marina says...
PBH Beef burger 
 This burger was huge, a succulent beef paddy with lettuce, tomato, onion jam and aioli served with chips
The perfect meal for all the wet weather we have been having of late.
I could hibernate for the winter after eating it.
See you in Spring zzzzzzzzzzzz - 4/5




Pyrmont Bridge Hotel on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This is my favourite burger. It's big, it's tasty, it tastes like a burger (it's not overpowered by relish junk) and it's well priced.
    I love spaghetti bolognese and once put away 250g of pasta plus 250g of mince meat. I can just put away this burger plus all the chips.
    I've been sharing this review with people at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the PBH burgers are a pretty good pub burgers. Good filling, bread was good and the value very good, especially considering the nearby overpriced Darling Harbour precinct. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete