Instagram

Friday, April 20, 2012

Burgerlicious

20 April, 2012

Bostino

Angus Beef, grilled onions, swiss cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, avocado, mustard, horseradish, relish, ketchup





Kim says...

We went to Burgerlicious at the Cross today. Out of all the burgers on the menu, the team all ordered the Bostino - an angus beef burger with bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado & chilli sauce. The burger normally comes with ketchup (tomato sauce) but I decided to spice it up a little. If you haven’t already picked it up from my last blog, I’m a big fan of chilli. I think it gives things more flavour & generally tastes better.

Anyways, back to today’s burger, I was going to rate it a 4 but after thinking about it and discussing it with fellow colleagues, I had to change my score to a 3 out of 5. When the burger came out, it looked like it had some potential. But once you take a look at the layers that make the burger you realise that there is A LOT of lettuce in the burger. Normally I don’t mind having a lot of lettuce in my burger, truth be told I prefer lettuces over cabbage. But the downside was that it wasn’t cut properly. It was just a large chunk of lettuce lazily thrown into the burger to give it a plumper look.

Wasn’t too thrilled about the avocado in the burger, it tasted cold wedged in between the lettuce & tomato and it did not help that it was just a lump instead of spread out evenly.
Overall I did enjoy my burger with my side of chips & can of coke zero. However, it probably wouldn’t make it on my list of stores to revisit for a burger.

Til next week!

Xoxo
Kimzy

Kim's Score: 3

Pete says...

Burgerlicious’ Bosinto could have done with a thicker patty and less lettuce (so as the fillings don’t fall out easily); other than that it was a good burger with a nice mix of horseradish, mustard and tomato sauce that all come together and made the burger tastier. Fairly priced at $11. 

Pete's Score: 3

Paul says..

I'm starting to miss licensed premises, but it's about the burgers! Back to a licensed burger place next week though.

Burgerlicious has the most appetising burger menu that i have seen to date, well on par with Grill'd. With 11 beef burgers on the menu, it was difficult to decide on one. Somehow, we all managed to choose the Bostino on this occasion.

While the menu sounds gourmet, the presentation of the burgers isn't quite as good as other gourmet burgers that I have experienced, but how does it taste? With the mustard and ketchup coming together, the first bite was just like biting into a hot dog, only the meat was a lot better. Despite the variety of ingredients, the flavours are well balanced and work well together. The burger would benefit from a reduction in the amount of lettuce. The beef patty is good, although smaller than what I have become accustomed to. There is nothing in particular that stands out with this burger, but it does enough to make it a reasonably good burger. I'll be back for the Parezian.

Paul's Score: 3


Marina says...

Review to come, but here is a quote -" big shit! It's a good burger, but not as good as one i would cook at home"

And here is the review.
They were not shy with the lettuce on this burger......but it was another story for the avocado which was nowhere to be seen.......sadly the beef was MIA, hidden in a sea of lettuce...send out the search party  

Had better - Marina

Marina's Score: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment