Instagram

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moo Gourmet Burgers – Newton

23 March, 2012


Paul had - Beef Avocado & Bacon Burger



With a recommendation in Good Weekend as one of the best, my expectations were high. Moo Gourmet Burgers is a fresh and vibrant place, but most importantly there are plenty of burgers on the menu to choose from.

I went with the Beef Avocado & Bacon Burger with Angus beef, avocado puree, bacon, mixed leaves, tomato, homemade mayo and tomato relish. The burger looked impressive with its fresh ingredients neatly stacked inside a sourdough bun. The first challenge was to work out how to eat it. With the roundish patty, cutting the burger in half wasn’t an option and keeping a tight grip was a must.

The beef was flavoursome and juicy, but after a few bites I found something was amiss. While the meat patty is the core of a burger, what goes on around it contributes to making a burger great. For homemade mayo I was expecting a little more, it lacked flavour, and it wasn’t until the last few bites that the tomato relish came through, but when it did it was great. With its fresh ingredients and quality beef, this is still a good burger.

Paul's Score: 3

Pete had - Big Moo burger

When my ‘Big Moo burger’ arrived my first impression was ‘WOW’ because it definitely lived up to its name, but unfortunately due to the size of the burger it was cumbersome and messy to eat and the other downside was that the mayo was very bland. The adage ‘quality and not quantity’ holds true in this case.

Pete's Score: 2.5

Kim had - Piri Piri Chicken Burger

 I decided here that I would try the Piri Piri chicken burger. I gave this burger a 2.5 out of 5. The burger was just sooo...dry. The chicken paddy was just so dry it made it slightly hard to swallow, on top of that, there wasn't anything special about the sauce, if anything, they should have added more sauce just so the burger wasn't so dry, in fact I had to dip it in with some tomato sauce just to make it work. Definitely not a place I would recommend a chicken burger.

Until next time blog fans! 
xoxo Kimzy

Kim's Score: 2.5


Marina had - Bacon & Cheeseburger

I found both the beef paddy and mayo lacked taste, it looked better than it tasted.

All show no go - Marina.

Marina's Score: 3

Moo Gourmet Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment