Instagram

Friday, May 11, 2012

Beautiful Burgers - Chippendale

11 May, 2012


Beautiful Burgers
Shop 5/87-97 Regent Street, Chippendale NSW 2008

Kim had...

Yankee Beef $12.00
I
ceberg, mayo, tomato, bacon, cheese, dill pickle, ketchup and USA mustard



Beautiful burgers lived up to their name today. At least in my eyes they did. Today I ordered the Yankee Beef burger, a bit on the fattening side with the bacon and the cheese but it was worth it. 
The lettuce was cut nice and finely, they didn’t overfill it with lettuce which was great for this burger, the right amount of ketchup & mustard was used which was fantastic as I didn’t have sauce dripping all over my plate & hands which is of course a plus. 

I love pickles in my burger so extra points that there was more than one slice of it in there. The bun was nice and soft (a big improvement on my last burger). The only downside to the burger was that the patty wasn’t thick enough & was slightly dry, but I think the sauce actually made up for it. 

So for my burger today, I think 3.5 out of 5.

Until next time burger fans,
Xoxo
Kimzy

Marina had...
Le François Burger  -  (Special of the Day) $11.00
This burger came with the choice of either Beef or Chicken, Brie, Lettuce, caramelised onions and avocado.
Great tasting burger that was good value and staff were upbeat and friendly.
I would definitely go back for more....
Vive La France - Baby !!!! 
4/5

Pete had...
The Oz ... $12.50

I decided to order the Oz burger and asked for egg & pineapple to be added as extras. You can’t get more aussie than an Oz burger with kangaroo meat, the patty wasn’t to thick and heavy and it all come together with the caramelised onions, mixed lettuce, beetroot, mayo and fig tomato relish on a nice soft white bun.
I’m sure the burger would of tasted even better, if the pineapple was grilled and the egg was still runny, other than that it was an enjoyable burger!
Pricing was reasonable $10.50 for a standalone Oz burger and with the added pineapple plus egg it was an extra buck each.

Score 3.5



Paul had...

The OZ - lean Kangaroo Mince ($10.50)

Beetroot, rocket, tomato, mayo, caramelised onion and fig tomato relish




There are 12 burgers on the menu and a few specials to choose from. It's been a while since I've had a burger with beetroot, and a lot longer since I've had Kangaroo, so i went for the OZ. 

You can't get much more OZ than eating an animal from the coat of arms. The great thing about this burger is the subtle flavours that surround the meat. There is nothing overwhelming to distract from the flavour of the meat, you can taste the Kangaroo patty with every bite. It's a quality mince and the ingredients are fresh. 

After weeks of beef burgers, the Kangaroo is a pleasant change.

Beautiful Burgers isn't big and gets busy. They take bookings, so if you want to guarantee a table, book ahead.  

Paul's score: 3.5 


Beautiful Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment