Instagram

Friday, May 4, 2012

Oscars

Oscars Famous Handmade Beef Burger
4 May, 2012

200gm pattie, lettuce, cheese, tomato caramelised onions and BBQ sauce.


Kim says....

Well, we were 2 team members down today since Pete had a hot date and couldn’t make it out to lunch with us today and Marina has a cold so she couldn’t taste anything much but she came along for lunch and had a salad…
We didn’t have much of a choice on destinations today since there was a gas leak close to our office and vehicle access was restricted. So we did the next best thing and walked.

Our venue today was Oscars at Pyrmont. Chosen burger was the Oscars handmade beef burger. I’ll start by giving it a 1 out of 5. This is the harshest rating out of all the burgers that I’ve had to date.

The bun was hard, it tasted like it had been sitting out for a day or two and toasting the bun didn’t help, if anything I think it just made the bun even harder around the edges and tougher to eat.

The meat patty, well, where to start, I’ll start on the edges, slightly dry and overcooked, the inside was undercooked…if I wasn’t so hungry I probably would have tossed the burger, but I ended up eating around the middle instead, as you can see with the picture inserted.

I prefer my meats cooked, if it was a little pink I could manage, but this slightly darker than my tastes would permit.

So if you’ve ever headed here for food, stay away from this burger…

Until next time,
Xoxo
Kimzy





Paul says...

This isn't the first time I've had the Oscars burger, but it's the first time I've had this version. The first Oscars burger i ever tried featured chili jam. It was good!

In my mind, the only thing the Oscars burger is now famous for is taking a good burger and progressively modifying it into the crap we were served today. The only thing this burger had going for it was the tomato caramelised onions. Take the onions away and you have one over toasted dry bun, a beef pattie that was far too rare for the quality of beef, a heap of BBQ sauce, lettuce and cheese.

Oscars need to go back to a former version of the Oscars burger or take it off the menu.

P.S. The food may have sucked balls on this occassion, but the service is always great.

Paul's score: 1


Oscars Lounge Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment: